I have a lot question about tc-command because now i'm doing research to compare performance between HTB and
HFSC so i'm doubt a lot thing and your reply are so very helpful me ... my question is

1. I'm use opensource (Mastershaper) for help to config traffic control but when i'm try to config HTB,
I'm doubt about in each chain must identify fallback service level and If i'm don't specify it,it will
unable to contain pipe. Every traffic and if traffic not matched in chain's pipe can only use the fallback
service level

Is it only true definition in HTB tc command?? or it's only a creative function from developer??

ps. in Mastershaper represent interior class as pipe and leaf class as chain

In HFSC tc command

fter i read HFSC paper , i'm doubt in Service curve declaration like this

> | SC := [ [ m1 BPS ] [ d SEC ] m2 BPS
> |
> |  m1 : slope of first segment -> umax
> |  d  : x-coordinate of intersection -> dmax
> |  m2 : slope of second segment -> rate

2. In all leaf class must specify rt (realtime service curve) ??? and Is it important to specify
sc (Service curve) in all leaf class ?? and in all leaf class must specify link-sharing (ls) too??
 because i think after read HFSC theory about by default All leaf class(Service class)
will use Link-sharing critirion for allocation bandwidth from Service curve (My assumtion think this
calculation bandwidth is "m1" or "umax" ->total bandwidth that can send at ceil rate??) and when total
delay are exceed to "demax" or "d" -> it mean it time for HFSC to manage QoS to guarantee bandwidth and delay
in each leaf class by use Real-time Criterion so bandwidth rate will change to "m2" or bandwidth rate
that guarantee QoS in eache leaf class
 Is it true??? i fear may be misunderstand in HFSC theory,
example in my test lab ,i have leaf class 3 type such real-time ,data ,default
Can i specify
 - real-time leaf class -> rt (for guatantee delay and bw) ,ls (by default when not exceed max delay)
 - data lead class ->  ls (by default and not delay sensitive so delay are not important)

3. I'm doubt in How to declaration ls, and ul about .. in thoery it a type of service curve that not
relative with real-criterion, so Delay may be not important for consider ????
Is it true when declaration, parameter in each service curve may be link this?
 ls [ umax BPS, rate BPS]
 ul [ umax BPS, rate BPS]
 and Is it important to declaration all of three parameter (umax,demax,rate) If three parameter
are important to setting traffic control????

3. I'm try to search HFSC command example, it have a lot case but i'm doubt in service curve (sc) declaration
sometime declaration in root class, interior class, in leaf class
 so I'm not sure to understand about ls ->calculate bandwidth for interior class,root class and
rt -> calculate bandwidth for leaf class and what about service curve(sc)??? it's specify only in root class???

4. Is it true??
In root class, or interior class will doing with only Link-sharing criterion, so can specify declaration
only link-sharing ->ls(umax, dmax, rate) and Upperlimit ->ls(umanx,dmax,rate) it's not important to
declaration real-time curve (rt) because in HFSC theory will use real-time criterion only Leaf class

5. In HFSC, upper limit are bandwidth rate that guarantee maximum bandwidth rate in each class as ceil in
HTB???

6. I'm doubt about priority in HFSC, in HFSC paper telling about in support priority but in HFSC tc-command
it not specify priority in each class, So In HFSC how to manage priority class link HTB????

Thank you for all reply, it's so very helpful to me alot.
which all will suggest or advise me about in something i'm misunderstand

raku

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!