> I'm trying to install 2k.1beta on my Red Hat 7 machine, but it's having
> trouble converting images for the test files.  The error messages I'm
> getting are the following:
>
> Converting image #1
> pstoimg: Error: "/usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose < /tmp/l2h2112/p2128.pnm |
> /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose -bot -black | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose -l -black
> | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose -r -black | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose -l -black
> | /usr/bin/ppmquant -floyd 256 | /usr/binpnmtopng -interlace -trans
> '#ffffff' > img1.png" failed: Illegal seek

Hmm. There is a problem here:  /usr/binpnmtopng  should be  /usr/bin/pnmtopng

You can make the simple edit in  pstoimg  before doing  'make install' .
Or you can install first, then edit the installed copy
(if you have the correct privileges, of course :-)

> Any idea how I can fix this problem before I finish my install?  I just
> downloaded the file this morning, so I'm sure it's current.  I've been
> having this same trouble with other versions of l2h as well.  Suggestions?

Also, you may like to get v9.12 of  netpbm  from
  www.sourceforge.org/projects/netpbm/

It's not vital, but allows some extra colored effects with LaTeX2HTML
that your current version will not allow.

Hope this helps,

        Ross Moore