> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install LaTeX2html on Windows XP. Perl is installed and all the netpbm
>executables and dlls are in the right place, gswin32c is accessible and all the
>directories are specified in prefs.pm, but when I run the config.bat, I get a message
>that  some missing external programs are missing (I can't get more information!).
>Here's the message.
>
>  ... building pstoimg
> build.pl (Revision 1.6)
> config\build.pl: Warning: Skipping build of pstoimg because of missing external
> programs.

This should only happen whin the  pstoimg.pin  (pre-installation version of
 pstoimg )  is what is missing.
Are you sure that you are running the install script from the correct directory ?

> Does anyone out there have any idea of what this could be?

Did you run the  configure  script first, to create the file  cfgcache.pl  ?
There should be an entry in there for  have_pstoimg .
If that's missing or empty, then you will get the message that you saw.

Hope this helps,

        Ross Moore