Paul Jolly wrote:

To reply to myself:

I haven't been able to find any reference to this topic in the archives so please excuse me if the answer is obvious.

Consider the four attached files, test.tex, test.eepic, test.ps and img1.png.

The PS file output is the result of running the usual latex -> dvips combination on test.tex. test.eepic has actually been created from test.fig using fig2dev. test.fig was of course created using xfig. Using makelatex (see my web pages) this process is made very efficient and dependencies between test.fig and test.tex are maintained by the generated Makefile. This is beside the point.

The result of running latex2html (no options or switches) on test.tex is, however, not as expected. In particular the png image generated to represent the figure in test.tex (img1.png) is missing areas of the original diagram. The original .fig diagram looks like this:

[...]

I receive the following output from latex2html:

Warning: No implementation found for package: epic
Warning: No implementation found for package: eepic.

A couple of questions:

1) is there an implementation on the cards?
2) how easy is it to write one?

Many thanks,