I was trying to reach you for the below position. Please check the Job
description below and let me know if you have any question.
*Job : Oracle DBA/ Developer*
*Location : Cleveland, OH*
*Duration : 6 Months Plus*
The Database Administrator’s role is to plan, design, install, monitor,
maintain, and performance tune production databases for all Global Supply
Chain business applications while ensuring high levels of data
availability. This individual is also responsible for developing,
implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the
integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
All project and support tasks must be completed consistent with Company
goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements while ensuring
data protection and security in highly visible, mission critical
*Strategy & Planning*
· Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production
databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
· Work with application development staff to develop database
architectures, tuning & coding standards, and quality assurance policies
and procedures where applicable.
· Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures
for backup/recovery, disaster/recovery and data archiving to ensure
effective protection and integrity of data assets.
· Assist in creating quarterly work plan of activities in support of
customer/vendor goals and/or team strategy. Assist in determining resource
requirements needed to support the activities.
*Acquisition & Deployment*
· Conduct research and make recommendations on database products,
services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and
· Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate
time and cost required to successfully accomplish a project.
· Participate, with responsibility for some major deliverables, in
the transition of support for new IT solutions that have been implemented
for customer by the Database Technical Services team or other
· Create models for new database development and/or changes to
· Install and configure relevant network components to ensure
database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
· Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
· Monitor database system details within the database, including
stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
· Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database
· Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
· Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing
processes for modifications to databases.
· Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to
business user needs.
· Perform database transaction and security audits where required.
· Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
· Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices
· Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to database
systems and application software.
· Assume primary responsibility during problem resolution. Uses
troubleshooting techniques to identify root cause and implements permanent
corrective action to resolve issues.
· Provide guidance to junior members of the team, where appropriate.
· Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to
efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
· Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
· Provide periodic 24/7 on-call support of specific functions.
*Formal Education & Certification*
· Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or
*Knowledge & Experience*
· 5+ years IT experience.
· Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles,
· Technical experience with designing, building, installing,
configuring and supporting database servers, including (Oracle, Progress,
SQL Server, MySQL and related database management technologies).
· Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
· Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
· Project management experience.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
· Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and
development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to
recognize and address areas needing improvement.
· Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort
to work needing attention.
· Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
· Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to
· Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
Physical Activities/Capabilities/Work Environment
· Sit for extended periods of time; walk and stand occasionally.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, and to handle other computer components constantly.
· Lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers,
devices, and peripherals occasionally.
· Work environment involves everyday risk or discomforts requiring
normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and
training rooms, i.e., use of safe work practices with office equipment,
avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
· Work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
· Some travel maybe required.
· Working outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday may be
required; on-call availability.
*Talent Acquisition Manager*
*STB Technology Solutions Inc.*
888 Washington St. suite 106
Dedham, MA 02026
(781) 471-4219 office
(888) 726-9070 fax
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/latha56.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.