We are currently working on filling an exciting new contract opportunity
for an *Cloud Engineer *position that will be based out in *American
*Job Title: Cloud Engineer*
*Location: American Airlines*
*Duration: 6+ Months*
*MUST HAVE MINIMUM 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE*
· This is a senior infrastructure engineering role for public and
private cloud environments.
· The successful candidate with have specific experience building
and supporting public cloud PaaS and IaaS environments for public facing
applications using Infrastructure as Code.
· This contractor will create automation for infrastructure build
and configuration management and write troubleshooting documentation for
virtual systems hosted within public cloud environments.
· They will work with multiple managed service providers, providing
guidance on the deployment of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and as a
Level 3 escalation point for Operations issues regarding those
· Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent IT experience
of 10+ years required
· 2+ years of infrastructure engineering with one or more of
Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM SoftLayer, or similar PaaS/IaaS
· 3+ years Systems Administration or Engineer experience required
· JSON, YAML, and Python experience preferred
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux server certification preferred
· Developer experience with PaaS solutions combined with the above
would be an excellent fit Responsibility level
· Third level support for public cloud related problems
· Engineering tasks for automation of public cloud infrastructure
· Develop automation scripted tasks for Development and Production
· Advisor for Managed Service Providers Skills
*Orchestration / Automation skills: *
JSON and YAML for Infrastructure as Code o Scripting in Python and Linux
*Configuration management skills: *
Puppet Enterprise or Ansible
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Problem solving skills: *
IT troubleshooting for compute and networking
*Customer service and interpersonal skills: *
Ability to explain public cloud concepts and troubleshooting techniques to
IT engineering and Operations teams
*Security skills:* Familiarity with both native and 3rd party mechanisms
for securing data in public cloud platforms
*Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: *
· Builds Infrastructure as Code environments for Public Cloud
· Write automation for infrastructure deployment and ongoing
· Assists Developers and Operations (DevOps) teams with use of
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
· Builds templates for virtual machines used for Infrastructure as
a Service (IaaS)
· Works with middleware teams to automation deployment and
configuration of their tools
· Assist multiple managed service providers to deploy and support
Level 3 infrastructure problems
· Uses ITIL compliant change management ticketing system to request
and accept work
· Troubleshoots advanced problems with Development and Production
systems as necessary
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve remote system problems in
public cloud hosting environments
· Monitor system performance and reliability over time.
Sonoma Consulting, Inc.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/latha56.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.