After going through very carefully to make sure I understood it: I like it!  I
think the essential things I'd missed were the local types, the inline rewrite
of bugsummary_tag_names using array_append, the trick of accumulating rows in a
function-local array, and the trick of assigning to temp_journal.count to
simplify fixing up the count in journal rows.

I tidied up your paste slightly (removing a couple of now-obsolete comments,
and signing the XXX comments), and committed it.  If you're happy with the
result then we can probably go ahead?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/+git/launchpad/+merge/373765
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of