Review: Needs Fixing

Like many other long term users on Launchpad, I need to be able to update my
signing key on Launchpad. I have no trouble approving this outright but it
would really surprise me if I have the rights to approve this alone.

I ask whomever does to serious reconsider this. Launchpad is only as good as
its trust anchors. Right now for a lot of long term developers the
under-pinnings i.e. a 1024 bit signing key are insecure.

If this is being stalled because others care about excessive key generation on
keyserver network for PPA keys, why not change the proposed code so this only
happens once if the existing signing key associated with the user is an
insecure 1024 bit key. This would trigger a single badly needed key update only
where it is needed.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/+git/launchpad/+merge/392627
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of