The proposal to merge ~cjwatson/launchpad:archive-api-snapshots into
launchpad:master has been updated.

Description changed to:

Now that we record enough history of archive files in the database, we can
extend the XML-RPC API to allow querying it.  This commit adds an optional
`live_at` parameter to `ArchiveAPI.translatePath`; if given, the API will
return files as they existed in the archive at that time.

We needed some corresponding additions to internal APIs:

 * `Archive.getPoolFileByPath` handles pool files, which are simple: they
either exist at a given time or they don't.

 * `ArchiveFileSet.getByArchive` handles index files, where there are some
subtleties because the same paths have different contents at different times.
For the ordinary paths (e.g. `dists/jammy/InRelease`), `ArchiveFile` rows stop
holding those paths once they've been superseded; but for the `by-hash` paths
(e.g. `dists/jammy/by-hash/SHA256/<sha256>`), `ArchiveFile` rows are valid
until they're marked as having been removed.  We need separate `live_at` and
`existed_at` parameters to capture this distinction.

See
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/lp-archive/+git/lp-archive/+merge/436649
for the other end of this.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~cjwatson/launchpad/+git/launchpad/+merge/436591
--
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of
~cjwatson/launchpad:archive-api-snapshots into launchpad:master.