clinton: The only thing missing that I want to see is +1 from an engineer whose
problem it will be to land and support this in future.

The problem to land this would be me. The intention is to land this code into
production launchpad and change the toggle off on noble. If everything is fine
(publication works, mirroring works, no clients loose i18n access) - keep it
off. Then once all Ubuntu releases are published without i18n index this code
path can be ripped out.

Support in the future - I think this publisher code path was redundant since
introduction, but also have not been touched much, if at all. Ultimately Ubuntu
Archive team are the ones that care that Ubuntu Archive is published, and how
it is published.

This is a dry run for a much more user-visible change to add toggles to turn
off obsolete checksums generation & publication. And toggle those off. As was
advised around discussions of how to land
https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/launchpad/+git/launchpad/+merge/452749
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~xnox/launchpad/+git/launchpad/+merge/453586
Your team Launchpad code reviewers is requested to review the proposed merge of