"Rubin, Gary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>While we're on the subject of wish lists, I'd like to propose a more flexible build
>array function.
>My current frustration is caused by 2D array concatenation.  If I have two NI-DAQ
>devices, each collecting 3 channels with 1000 samples, I'd like to be able to
>concatenate the outputs of the AI Reads so that I have an array of 6 channels of
>1000 samples each.  Instead, I get a 3 by 2000 array.  The workaround is to
>transpose the outputs of each AI Read, concatenate, then transpose the resulting
>array - not a very efficient approach as the number of samples increases.
>It would be nice if the build array function had the options "Concatenate columns"
>and "Concatenate rows".

How about using Insert Array with the number of scans wired to the second index
input? Simple and probably the most efficient method to do.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                           fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]