Another thought.

In pre-LV7, I used to be able to set the selection for "-1". Since the
user could only select non-negative values, any value other than "-1"
would indicate a new value was selected.

Writing a "-1" now resluts in the display showing "<65535>" (-1). It
used to show a blank selection.

To use the control in its current state, pre-LV7 code will have to be
modified conciderably.

Let me try to explain why the previous behaviour was desirable.

If you want to distinguish between one of the items in the list being
selected and nothing selected, writing a "-1" was great! The ring
value could be passed to the selector of a case where the "-1" case
would ignode the value read.

The default case could then be used to index out the selection from
the strings.

Simple, elegant, and worked great!

Now,
I have to append another string that indicates "no selection" and add
extra code to trap this case. This gets even more complicated when the
selections are populated by the code where the number of elements in
the list can change.

I would prefer the previous behaviour be restored.

Ben