"Lewandowski, James R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm trying to read all file names from a directory into an array and then choose the
>ones to process.  The "List Directory" vi implies that it will do this but
>I'm not having much luck.
>
>The vi will produce a list of my available drives if I do not give it a path name.

Well an empty path is considered to be the root of your file system which under
Windows is the parent of all volumes.

Passing the actual path to the directory you are interested to find the files
or other directories in will help a lot to get the information you want.

Investigating the error cluster of the function may also help to uncover things
like a bad path name. A sinmple type will already make the function fail as it
can't find the directory you told it to enumerate.

Also make sure you have actually read access to the directory you want to list.
Windows security can cause some pretty strange errors sometimes if you are not
aware of it.

Last but not least make sure you don't specify a pattern input if you are not
interested in a specific file ending or such.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                           fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]