"Simon Whitaker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way to get a list of the IP addresses associated
>with network interfaces on a Windows PC running LabVIEW? I could call
>IPCONFIG with a System Exec node and parse the output but that's a dirty
>hack, so I'd rather not.

That's a very frequently used aproach under Unix and in fact works very
well there. the Windows way is to call WinAPI functions (in LabVIEW over
the Call Library Node) but it is not inherently better than what you have
in mind.

As long as you only want the default IP address of your computer you can
use the StringToIP node in LabVIEW leaving the input string unconnected.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                  fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]