The code is a subsection to source code of over 100 mb llb for our
ultrasonic scanner.  I am trying to figure out a creative way to form
a simple version of the problem but whenever I craft a basic VI
utilizing the delete fx, the delete operation works just fine  So as
of yet I am not able to reproduce the problem in a simple VI.  That is
why I thought some folks could shed light or suggest some things to
look for.

As I indicated in the initial post, I thought the origin of the
problem could only be three possibilities: 1) the file is of the wrong
name and therefore not found (although would probably get file not
found error) but in fact it is the correct file and path, 2) the file
is still open (it is not, I close it right before the delete fx), or
3)somehow some permissions have been set that do not allow a delete
operation.