From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Craig Graham
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 2:32 P
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Uniquely identifying computers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 6:52 PM
Subject: Uniquely identifying computers

> Is there a way to read from a LabVIEW executable any sort of value that
will
> uniquely identify one particular computer? The computers will be from
> unknown vendors, but all running some version of Windows.

MAC address of the ethernet card? Try ipconfig /all from a command prompt.
Obviously won't work if the ethernet card is swapped out at some point, so
whether it's useful or not depends on what you're actually wanting to do.

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/