"Smith, Blair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We have a LabVIEW program under strict revision control.  Presently, the
>code is at the LabVIEW Rev. 5.1 level.  We are about to make changes (minor)
>to that code.  Version upgrades are way beyond scope.  My preferred editing
>machine is at the 5.1.1f level, due to other-project upgrades.  Has anyone
>installed 5.1 on a machine already at the 5.1.1 level, and had success?
>Many have reported that 5x and 6x coexist peacefully, but will a 5.1 install
>exist happily alongside a 5.1.1 install in the same machine, or will I have
>to uninstall the whole 5.1.1 package, then reinstall 5.1?

Well this can only be a medical or pharmaceutical application ;-).

If you install the 5.1 into a separate directory it should most probably
work to have 5.1 and 5.1.1 on the same machine. LabVIEW is even in 7.0 still
quite independant of a lot of components and before 6.0 this was almost
entirely true.
Having worked with 5.1 and 5.1.1 I would however consider 5.1 a not so nice
experience. Be prepared to save fast and frequent or you will loose some
considerable edit work.
But maybe that is better than having to fully audit the entire application
again.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                  fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]