Hi, all. i have beening trying to use the control register and the
status register as parallel port input. i have read the article named
"Using the Parallel Port in LabVIEW" at the address
"http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/72C6FC6CE4AD4D1386256B1800794596?opendocument";
i did exactly what it told me to do. program the control signals
c3,c2,c1,c0 to logical high first(that is 0100 in binary), and then
try to read these control signals back. these pins are exteranlly
connected to my circuit.

but no matter how i change the external signal level(0 and 1), the
values i read in are always the same as the values i write to the
control register(0100 in this case), can anyone tell me why? please!!