"Michael Aivaliotis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My problem is I enjoy discussions on methodology and implementation
> techniques too much. In our local LabVIEW user group meetings we
> sometimes (actualy always) discuss (actually argue) programming style.
> The issue lately is: single loop good, multiple loops bad.

Are you kidding? Most complex programs I write never would fullfill user
expectations without multiple loops in the main VI. You don't want to
block alarm handling or built in TCP/IP server handling for remote control
because a user wants to check the configuration settings.
Of course making sure the local user and the remote application are properly
locking out each other is another thing, but quite some remote commands do
not need local lockout to be performed at all.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                  fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]