"Tore Johnsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Yep, I use the template technique and pass data to the spawned VIs using
>the "Set Control Value" method prior to running them. In the past (for non
>time-critical VIs) I haven't bothered making the spawned VIs reentrant
>since they are copies and run just fine in parallel without (different
>story for common Sub VIs that should run in parallel).

You can have templates with template SubVIs. For that you put the template
subVI on the diagram by using the File Dialog from the function palette.
A blue T should appear in the icon.
Now on loading the template main VI LabVIEW also instantiates the template
subVIs. I used that technique a few times for communication with the template
main VIs by making the template subVI an intelligent LV2 style global. The main
VI just starts up as independant task and sits there and runs and I retrieve
the refnum to the created LV2 style template subVI to send commands and receive
data through it from other places.
Another way of communicating would be queues but my LV2 style global approach
had some nice advantages for the application in question.

PS: nice domain name by the way ;-)

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                  fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]