"George Gatling (Contractor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The Delete From Array function has some interesting polymorphic behavior...
>it changes the type of one of its output terminals based on *whether* an
>input terminal is wired (as opposed to what type is wired to the input
>terminal).  In particular, if length is unwired, a scalar is output.  If
>length is wired, an array is output.  I would *love* do duplicate this
>exact behavior for a Read Row(s) From File function.  Anyone know if this
>is possible?

No, this is not possible as you want it. This dynamic adaption needs direct
manipulation of the code generator in LabVIEW and as such is only possible
in LabVIEW built-in nodes. What you can do is create polymorphic VIs and make
some of the inputs not present in all versions of the subVIs. There won't be
automatic adaption when wiring, but you can right click and select the version
of the VI you want to use.

Rolf Kalbermatter
CIT Engineering Nederland BV    tel: +31 (070) 415 9190
Treubstraat 7H                  fax: +31 (070) 415 9191
2288 EG Rijswijk        http://www.citengineering.com
Netherlands             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]