On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - When I want to have multiple Lazarus installations on the same
> machine

Read this:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multiple_Lazarus

> - Why is a Lazarus installation so different from the installation of
> Windows applications, conforming to the Windows guidelines?

Why do you think that Lazarus doesn't conform to Windows guidelines?
Can you show a concrete guideline it is breaking?

The only thing I see is that multiple versions share the same
configuration file, but I don't know if this is against any guideline.

Maybe the default configuration directory should contain the lazarus
version in it.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho