Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin Friebe schrieb:
>

>> If you use GTK1 or 2 you should use a font that is monospaces, and
>> exists in this size for bold and italic too. (And you must not use
>> ExtraCharSpacing). Otherwise there may be a slow down in painting. Yet
>> this can not be compared to other Editors, unless they allow the usage
>> of proportional fonts too, and they too force those into a grid.
>>

> The effect is not related to any settings, after startup the editor
> works fast. It may depend on the number of applied changes or jumps
> across files or bookmarks, or on the number of symbols in the units,
> i.e. size of the according (history) lists.

If it builds up over time, I am a bit clueless.

2 things I can thing off:
- Codetools (but that should not affect scrolling), but Codetools can
collect more and more info, using more memory. (AFAIK)
- Memory management. SynEdit uses a TStrings attempt (IMHO a
gaped-buffer would be more efficient). So it may re allocate a lot of
Memory. That could upset the memory management.

Both are *not* very likely candidates...

You can try to reduce the amount of undo steps. Or compile with/withou
heaptrc (leak checker) => some people reported that other apps gained
speed *with* heaptrc.
(But I don't really think it's memory mgmt)

> The effect is boring, even if I only navigate through the source code
> with the cursor keys :-(

This bit sounds like a problem with painting the window. Which OS /
Widgetset are you using?

You have not mentioned anything, so I just verify, it is nothing that
has become worse since 0.9.26 (or within 2009) ?

Best Regards
Martin