Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Alexander Klenin <kle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I often use "Quick search" (Ctrl+E) for code navigation,
>>

> How does "quick search" work?  I highlighted an identifier I want to
> seach for, pressed Ctrl+E. It showed "seaching" in the editor status
> bar, but nothing further. Sometimes it highlights a whole bunch of
> stuff like the letter "e". I'm a bit lost. :-(

Highlight (as in block-selection) and then search for it => use ctrl-f

Quick search (or incremental search) (ctrl-e) means you start the search
with an empty search-term, then as you type the editor searches for
whatever fragment you typed
ctrtl-e => status-bar displays searching
b => status bar displays "b" / editor goes to the next "b" (b is
highlighted, all other occurrences are highlighted in yellow)
e => status bar shows "be" / editor goes to next "be"
backspace => "be" editor returns to "be"
g, i, n => "begin"

- while in quicksearch, pressing F3 or ctrl-e again => jump to the next
search result of the same term
- start quick search with ctrl-e, ctrl-e => resume with last search term

Martin