Hi Leonardo:

I run Lazarus 0.9.27 in Ubuntu 9.04 without problem (GTK2). But i run
Windows XP in VirtualBox and some applications are very slow and take
the CPU to 100%.

I tried VMPlayer and it works very well.  I think that there are some
bugs in VirtualBox that remains from old versions.

Try to do the same with VMPlayer (it's free). You can create a VM with
http://www.easyvmx.com/ and then install the O.S.

Regards.

Eduardo.