On Thu, September 22, 2016 12:48 am, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> No, formcreate is the correct event to set up new components.
>>

> Yes.

Prefer positive attitude of Yes, vs No. Inbetween Qbit state: maybe.

> Keep in mind that the LCL tries to create the Handle and layout after
> calling FormCreate. So changing properties do not have immediate effects
> as in the VCL. For example changing Panel1.Align=alTop will move Panel1 to
> top after FormCreate.

Maybe these were some of the issues. What if you had three panels, and you
set all the alignments up.. then when the form is finally shown it has no
idea which alignment you wanted done first?  Or does it somehow memorize
which alignments were set first.  This could be related to the issue I had
but cannot remember, for the life of me.