On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Am 2016-10-18 um 12:53 schrieb Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via Lazarus:
> > Order of teaching is not so critical : As you say , write a GUI program
> for events : Say : "Now it is necessary to define what will be done for the
> events ? ... Its way is the following : Write your program parts in that
> way ..."
> IMO the order is extremly important!
> If you start with the fundamental informations
> (how does the processor work in general,
> how are variables stored (stack/heap/etc.),
> what does the processor do in loops, etc.)
> then this information is remembered very well
> because everybody can imagine what goes on in general.
> You can *predict* what will (should) happen in your program.
> If you just start with clicking you do not know *why* it works
> (if it works) nor do you know *why* it does not work (if it does not do
> so).
> They would always need someone at hand with exprience to tell them how
> to continue. This can be very frustrating for studends.
> Therefore I would always present at least a rough overview about procedural
> programming before starting with objects and events. In the end, the latter
> is still processed in a procedural manner which every programmer should
> know.
> > My application was like the following ( as a very simple example ) :
> > Pose a problem "Display your name ."
> > After this is done :
> > "Display your name 10 times ."
> > The students were not able to write their programs . Then , solution was
> > "You should use a loop ."
> > "A loop is defined in the following ways : ... "
> > Such an approach is used frequently in Mathematics text books :
> > Subject text .
> > Problems ..
> > Last problems were "Unsolvable" with the above text .
> > Solution :
> > "Read the next chapter ..."
> > Such approaches are "the Art of Teaching" ...
> IMO this "approach" has a severe drawback:
> The students do not get an overall picture of what
> *can* be done and *how* it can be done.
> If they do not know about loops how should they
> know that they exist? They would need to read *everything*
> that is available and hope to find something helpful.
> That is very frustrating and can lead to suboptimal solutions
> because they get tired of reading yet another chapter and
> instead use something else (like copying the code in the editor 10 times).
> --
> _______________________________________________

I have said that

"the Art of Teaching"  ...

Assume that a course is designed by a department , and you are the
instructor .

For example : Course X : Programming using Lazarus

Course outline is the Lazarus components .

What can you do ?

"I am resigning because this course is not well designed ."

"I am changing the course outline as I want ." ( which you do not have
authority to do that ) .


"Lazarus is this ...  The following parts are necessary to learn to use
when you click ... ( here you will teach what is required which yo
described above ... ) "

Please select an appropriate one .

If you are the designer of the courses you are right what to do .

Problem arises when you are not course designer but an instructor of it .
Then you need to use "the Art of Teaching" with your "the Science of
Teaching" .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
Lazarus mailing list

Reply via email to