On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Travis Ayres via Lazarus <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> With over 100 replies, we could have already written a course outline,
> introduction, and some notes about events and RAD programming, maybe also
> the observer pattern?
>
> On Oct 24, 2016 3:51 AM, "Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus" <
> lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> Am 2016-10-24 um 12:20 schrieb Michael Schnell via Lazarus:
> > On 21.10.2016 11:09, Jürgen Hestermann via Lazarus wrote:
> >> What is the use of a program? Entertainment?
> > Nowadays in 90% of the usage exactly this.
> > Maybe other usage cases are more "important", but still the money is
> made with Entertainment.
>
> There may be a misunderstanding:
> I did not ask whether the *purpose* of a program is entertainment
> but whether *programming* it has to be entertainment?
> The aim of programming should be to get a program running
> (as the programmer wants it) not to spend time with
> juggling gaudy pictures, icons and videos.
>
> In the end, it is somehow "entertaining" if a program works
> but this requires knowledge about how the programming language works.
> Ignoring all facts will never lead to a satisfying programming experience.

I have the book :

https://www.amazon.com/Lazarus-Complete-Guide-pascal-teaching/dp/9490968021
( Lazarus The complete Guide )

You can write a course outline about , for example , "Programming Pascal by
using Lazarus"  from thr above book .

For Free Pascal , unfortunately , I do not have a teaching oriented book .

For general Pascal programming , the following book may be useful :

https://www.amazon.com/Structured-Programming-Pascal-Winston-Crawley/dp/0138540357/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1477331132&sr=1-1&keywords=0138540357
(  Structured Programming Using Pascal )

For event based programming , the following pages and links in them may be
useful :

(
Please see my messages from starting the following link :
http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus/2016-October/229807.html
)

in page

http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus/2016-October/author.html

especially :

http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus/2016-October/229976.html

My opinion is that event based programming needs special care .
A simulation example may be useful , for example , by using PetriSim
sources , adapted to Free Pascal .

Thank you very much .