On 16.11.2016 10:30, Michael Schnell via Lazarus wrote:
On 15.11.2016 18:28, Bart via Lazarus wrote:

Mode switches are about coding (how the compiler should behave), not
about how components should behave once compiled.

Of course I do know that they are used in that way. I just wanted to say that the Delphi compatibility modes *could* be used to define the *default* setting of this property. at compile time.

Seems rather logical to me.

No, this is not technically possible. The mode settings have unit-scope. TPageControl/TCustomTabControl are in unit ComCtrls that is always built with objfpc mode.

Ondrej