On 16.01.2017 20:19, Daniel Gaspary wrote:

Can you give examples of these messages? And who (nginx, apache..?)
and how they are implemented?

In fact I can't, either, that is why I ask.

I do know that there are several frameworks that support this by running rather complex Java script on the Client. (For Pascal there once was EXTPascal, but AFAIK, the project has died. )

AFAIK there are several "standard" ways to use a HTTP connection via a HTTP server in reverse direction, including polling by Java script, holding a connection open for an extended amount of time and using an additional TCP/IP socket. (I seem to remember names like "Comet" or "WebSocket". "WebAssembler" might be a future extension to this, in future potentially allowing to run projects created from Pascal code directly in the browser.)

It would be nice to have a package Lazarus that supports such things.

-Michael