On 13/02/17 10:00, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 09:23:35 +0000Mark Morgan Lloyd via Lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
I've got a bit of diagnostic code that I add to most programs that > retrieves things like Subversion revision numbers and
link-time build > ID. It also contains> > (*$IFDEF LCLQT *)>    widV= 'Linked with the Qt widget set';>
(*$DEFINE WIDGETSET *)> (*$ENDIF       *)> (*$IFDEF LCLFPGUI *)>         widV= 'Linked with the FPGUI widget set';>
(*$DEFINE WIDGETSET *)> (*$ENDIF       *)> > and so on.> > Presumably LCLQT and the rest are defined somewhere in
the IDE or LCL, > but where can I find this so that I can make sure that my code's kept in > step?
uses InterfaceBase, LCLPlatformDef;
widV:='Linked with '+LCLPlatformDisplayNames[WidgetSet.LCLPlatform]+'widget
set';

OK, Thanks. So I can see how I can derive the names etc. from that, it appears to have been supported since the dawn of time, and linking to it is still going to be no more intrusive than some of the other stuff that's already in my diagnostic unit.

But out of curiosity, I'd still be very interested to know how the compile-time definitions like the ones in my example are generated :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk