On 05/07/2017 02:24 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Sun, 7 May 2017, zeljko wrote:

On 05/07/2017 12:02 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:

Hi,

Another oddity in the IDE designer.

I have a form which contains some group boxes, radio buttons and a
buttonpanel.
Bordertstyle is bsDialog. No special properties regarding autosize or
whatsoever have been set.

When I switch (using F12) between source and form, it *always*
resizes to
some seemingly standard size and I need to fix the size.

The form just contains the following:
  Height = 279
  Top = 218
  Width = 443
  BorderStyle = bsDialog
  Caption = 'Resize Selected elements'
  ClientHeight = 279
  ClientWidth = 443
  Position = poOwnerFormCenter
  LCLVersion = '1.9.0.0'

I have attached it for reference.

I suspect the scaling and high-dpi is at work here: I have a
dual-monitor system, with xinerama.
To test that hypothesis, I tried to set scaled to false, but it doesn't
help.

Also: When the form designer is active, and I press save, the form is
marked 'dirty'
(i.e. not saved!)

Anything I can do to help to diagnose the issue ?

If you suspect on HiDPI then you should disable scaling at application
level (lazaruside) via Application.Scaled := False (or similar prop
name) . In that case TCustomForm.Scaled should not be taken into
account in any case.

Is there a command-line option for the IDE to disable this ? It seems
silly to me that I would have to modify the IDE sources every time I do
a SVN update?

AFAIK not.

Second thing: I assume that you're using Gtk2 ide. What is
windowmanager ? Does it run compositing ?

I don't know. I use a standard Linux Mint using Cinnamon desktop.

Then compositing is on, and that's probably cause of problems.

zeljko