Am 13.05.2017 um 15:17 schrieb Juha Manninen via Lazarus:
I have simplified and improved the page
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus

I tried to move relevant information to the top and remove duplicate
information.
For example there is a short "Usage" section with simple rules and then:
  "These rules make most code already compatible with Delphi."
which is pretty much what most people need to know.

 * In section "Usage", "For string literals to work the source files
   must have UTF-8 encoding." - Add: "This is the default for source
   files written by Lazarus" - Otherwise people will begin to
   unnecessarily add these "$codepage utf8" directives.
 * In section "CodePoint functions for encoding agnostic code" I am
   missing information on how "ch" is to be declared (in my test:
   ch:char and ch:string are working; ch:widechar does not).
 * Good that the new page appears also in place of the old "Better
   Unicode Support..." page