On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:

On 05.08.2017 14:16, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
How can I check that the IDE has actually enabled/activated HDPI and uses
big icons/button images?

Check for Application.Scaled := True in lazarus.pp. This enables Hi-DPI features.

I know that, I meant more 'how to verify the effects of this setting' :)

Maybe I should have been more clear.

Another problem could be that the widgetset sends wrong PPI value to LCL. So check for Screen.PixelsPerInch (96 = 100%). If you build Lazarus with Gtk2, you could be affected by this WS-bug: https://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=31199

Thank you for the tip !

Since I have the same setup as the reporter I have applied the patch provided in this bugreport, and then HighDPI works on Linux.
The buttons and images have a reasonable size, font looks normal...

So, from my point of view, that patch can be applied ASAP :)

Michael.