Am 13.09.2017 11:59 schrieb "Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus" <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:40:23 +0200
> Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:19:58 +0200
> > Sven Barth via Lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> >
> > >[...]
> > > The "." allows for a nicer disambiguation between what's the prefix
and
> > > what's the remainder. Granted, that can be done with "_" as well, but
in my
> > > personal opinion a "." simply looks nicer. :)
> >
> > I don't get why disambiguity is "nicer". The compiler has to
> > backstep and try all combinations to find out what a.b.c means.
>
> I meant ambiguity. ;)

I'm not talking about ambiguity, I'm talking about aesthetics: FooBar.Blubb
is easier to discern visually than FooBarBlubb.

Also were is there an ambiguity anyway (given all units are used with their
full name)? The compiler reads (in my above example) the token sequence ID
Point ID and thus can find the unit without any backtracking just as for
ordinary methods. Even once the default namespace option is added that
won't change as the compiler will simply test all provided namespaces as
prefixes and then the name as is. It's just a longer list of names than
usually to test for.

Regards,
Sven