Hi

> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:06:59 +0100
> From: Adriaan van Os <f...@microbizz.nl>
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Gtk2
>
> Schindler Karl-Michael via Lazarus wrote:
>> How about fink? If sources and prerequisites are available, I could have a
>> go at a package description. I did so successfully for lazarus-gkt2.
>
> Not quite sure what you mean. There are some fink gtk packages, they seem to
> be based on gtk2.18
> rather than 2.24 ? e.g.
> <http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/gtk+2?rel_id=10.5-i386-current-stable>.
>  The binary
> distributions don't look to be complete.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adriaan van Os

You are right. The version (2.18)  is not the most recent. But to the best of
my knowledge, it is sufficient to build the gtk2 based lcl and gtk2-based
lazarus. So, maybe it is also sufficient for your purpose. Do you really need
2.24? Actually, the maintainers of gtk2 are working on updates, but they
haven't completely finished it and the updated descriptions are in their
experimental branches only. What is the oldest version of macOS you want to
support? The easiest requirement is 64bit and 10.9 and newer, but if need be
stepping back to i386 and 10.7 would also be possible.

Regarding fink packages, I meant that if the source code of your program is
available, I could have a go at a package description.

Michael.