On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 7:55 PM, R0b0t1 <r03...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My question was not about UTF-8 support in Lazarus. I know it works.
> My question was about interoperability with Windows. Theoretically
> there are some serious issues; I figured I would get a better response
> asking someone using UTF-8 with Windows compared to a general poll.

No, it works very well with Windows when following the simple rules
mentioned in the wiki page.
Console is the only real issue with its own console codepage. I still
don't fully understand its logic and I remember giving false
information sometime earlier about it.

Anyway, if you write GUI apps and call WinAPI, things "just work".

Juha