No, the Component List could not be opened with neither Ctrl+Alt+P nor shortcut.

I'm not much of a debugger, but opened lazarus.lpi in Lazarus IDE and set a breakpoint for DoShowComponentList. When Lazarus started from Run (without RunLazarus), it used a fresh set of config files and lo and behold, no a/v anymore. So it is the installation, and no bug. If there's no simple trick to fix the config, I just do a re-install.