El 01/06/18 a les 21:03, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus ha escrit:

Why doesn't the installer recognize fpc?  Where does it look for it? What am I missing?

Because it's looking in the database of packages installed via the package manager. Since you installed fpc from source it's not counted as installed, hence it cannot satisfy the dependency. My apt-fu isn't strong enough to suggest a workaround (try searching "apt ignore dependencies"), but I'd say it would be better to install lazarus too from source.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007