On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, FTurtle via Lazarus wrote:
I committed a new version with some visual improvements and bugfixes:
* Actually load saved options on startup :)
* Button to go to settings
* Margins around controls
* Better Left and right margin inside listbox
* Use different default colors (maroon, navy)
* Handle keydown instead of key up, so repeat is enabled...
1. Standard for margins around controls in Lazarus is 6 pixels. Now is lesser.
This is very noticeable visually.
Really ? You must have 100/10 vision. I don't see any difference.
But I can say with certainty the IDE is not consistent in this regard, e.g.
the project inspector uses different spacing than the IDE Options dialog.
The only reason I saw that is because of your remark I started putting
things side by side.
2. Spotter does not respect IDE option "Prefer double-click over single-click".
It is very uncomfortable for people who prefer double click in lists.
Really ? I did not know all these things.
The single click was chosen because this is how it works in Atom.
Where are all these options or rules described ?
Because the IDE Tools - Options page does not contain such a setting.
Or at least, I didn't find it.
If I select something, it's always single click.
Project inspector, IDE Tools - Options treeview. Everywhere.
Lazarus mailing list