what about a new form with FormStyle := fsSystemStayOnTop ?!

Am 15.03.19 um 12:37 schrieb frans via lazarus:
Hi,

I'm using Lazarus 1.8.4 on Win10. In my application I have a Form with 2 functions. (1) Is to download files from an internet server using ftp, (2) is to store the data from those files in the datacollection. Sometimes I loose my internet connection and in that case I want to show a warning in the the middle of the form and in front of all the other components. For the warning I use a TLabel component for the layout parameter tlCenter. But the label is partly hidden behind another component (TFileListBox) and BringToFront doesn't help. Now I tried a TStaticText component and that works just fine. Except that it has no Layout property and no Paint procedure I could override. Is there a component that gives me all the behaviour I want? Is there a way to bring the TLabel realy in front of all other components? Is there a way to vertical align the text of a TStaticText caption?

Thx for your reactions