On Tue, 02 Apr 2019 16:00:18 -0400, DougC via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>I am VERY interested in how this question is answered and resolved. It
>seems to be a weak point in how the Lazarus/FPC effort has developed.
>
>This type of question has prevented me from diving into the Lazarus/FPC
>ecosystem because there seem to be regular requests for help in resolving this
>type of issue.

I decided that it would be easier to just use a LinuxMint19x64 virtual
machine that I had already installed fpc 3.0.4/lazarus 1.8.5 into.

I checked out the lazarus 2.0.0 sources and issued the make bigide
inside of the checkout and then created the application launch desktop
file.

Then checked out the project files via svn into the LinuxMint vm and
opened the project inside Lazarus 2.0.0 and it built right away.
Simplest solution since I already had the virtual linux machine
available....

Now I will go for what I really wanted to do, i.e create a command
line version of the utility, which I can use on a headless Ubuntu
16.04 server.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden