I don't normally use the Lazarus MS SQL components, but tried using them
today on Ubuntu Linux and keep experiencing lots of random access
violations. I wanted to know if this is a normal thing, or if perhaps the
state of these components is fragile on Linux.

Here is what is happening.

I can place the TSQLConnection, TSQLTransaction, TSQLQuery, TDataSource
and  data aware controls on a form and connect to the database at design
time. It works fine. I can run my program and I can view and edit records
just fine. But if I change any part of TSQLQuery down to TSQLConnection
setting Active to False, then I get access violations.

This is particularly problematic because certain changes to component
properties require Active to be set to False, such as editing SQL. And very
often, though not always, changing the Active property results in access
violations. And after an AV happens then things start misbehaving in the
IDE.

Is this a common problem for some people on Linux using the MS SQL
components? Am I doing something wrong? Are there people her who have
worked with MS SQL components on Linux much and is familiar with this
problem?

Thank you.
Anthony