On 03.04.2019 22:42, Werner Pamler via lazarus wrote:
Unfortunately this does not solve the issue for me personally. I post a lot of code in the forum, and since I normally work with Laz-trunk and, of course, forget to activate the compatibility option the code will be useless for users of legacy versions. I really would appreciate to have the previous solution (a global default setting for the compatibility option) in addition to the current solution. Of course this new option should now be off by default, but after once having switched it on all my demo projects would be readable also by legacy Lazarus. I reopened bug report https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22752 for this request.

From the perspective of a legacy Laz user a stand-alone tool to convert the new format back to legacy would be helpful, too. Currently, a user not having Laz trunk is unable to open any projects saved by Laz trunk without editing the xml files manually!

Feel free to extend the feature to your wishes. I don't think anybody will be against such a global option or an external stand-alone converting tool.

Ondrej