I don't know: is this changed or am I fooled by my memory? I was rather sure that when the signature of a published event is changed, forms saved with the old signature cannot be read without error. But now I notice that this is not true any more.

The version of TAChart which I just committed to trunk had to change the signature of the TChartDataPointDrawEvent event from

   procedure (ASender: TDataPointDrawTool) of object;

 procedure (ASender: TDataPointDrawTool;  ADrawer: IChartDrawer) of object;

Testing this with the demo in folder (lazarus)/components/tachart/demo/tools in which the event is handled I was expecting an error - but no, the program compiles and runs fine as if nothing had changed.

Am I missing something?