If data of underlaying TSQLQuery are presented and edited only thorought this DBGrid then I would add to TSQLQuery option "sqoAutoApplyUpdates".
(I am not familiar with architecture of LazDataDesktop)
Which causes that on every Post/Delete updates are applied to database.
There will remain option to commit or rollback changes.
L.

Dňa 4.9.2019 o 20:02 Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus napísal(a):

Hello (Michael)!

I started to use LazDataDesktop because PgAdmin4 is horrible.

I have a problem with transactions with Postgres connection (well I tested only Postgres connection).

I found out that when using the SQL editor, I can type "COMMIT" and "ROLLBACK" - so far so good. (Well I would like to have a tool button for these commands but OK for now - I may add them in the future.)

The real problem: I cannot apply edited data from the DB grid. I keep getting this error:

I have clicked on the tick button - it got disabled. I have also clicked on the button next to refresh - well I don't know that the button does because it has no hint and caption, but I clicked on it nevertheless :) :

But still I get the error above and the data is not written.

How can I commit the changes made in the data grid?

Thanks
Ondrej