Playing with TBufDataset I came across some issues:

(1) Creating fields at designtime: In order to create fields at designtime to a new TBufDataset component I add FieldDefs by clicking the '...' next to "FieldDefs" in the Object Inspector and fill in the required data. But there is no way to really *create* the dataset. At runtime I would call BufDataset.CreateDataset - but this is not accessible at designtime. In Delphi's ClientDataset there is an item "Create dataset" in the context menu of the dataset. This seems to be missing here.

OK - I can create the dataset at runtime at least. This leads to the second problem:

(2) Persistent fields: Wanting to create persistent fields at design time I do this: Make sure that the BufDataset is active. Right-click on the component to add the Fields Editor. I see the fields created. But how do I make them persistent? In Delphi I select both fields and click the '+'. Here the field list which opens is empty and the "Create" button is disabled. In other datasets everything is working correctly here, but TBufDataset seems to be incomplete.

Michael, is this your component? Could you have a look? I can write a bug report, if necessary.