El 1/7/20 a les 0:40, R.Smith via lazarus ha escrit:
On 2020/06/30 22:52, Special via lazarus wrote:
Hi, Ryan,

I followed your advice and removed XTransaction and all references to it from TestButtonClick. But now I get an exception with the message "Transaction not set". Any hint?
Regards --  Joe

I'm sorry, the previous problem was SQLite-related, which I'm initimately familiar with, but this one seems to be a Lazarus DB component requirement which I'm not so much familiar with, but probably has an easy solution someone here might know about.

The question becomes:  How to execute a query, without a transaction being set, using SQLdb in Lazarus?

I use zeos instead of sqldb. Most probably it's my fault and it could be solved by doing what Michael said (use stoUseImplicit), but when I tried to use sqldb with sqlite, as long as I kept the dataset open (to show the data in a dbgrid) the table was locked and couldn't be modified by a different thread/process. Probably just a matter of different defaults (zeos doesn't need a separate transaction component and the default TransactionIsolationLevel is tiNone).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007