On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 12:23:42 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 11:55:27 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

Then while chasing a strange error concerning wsmenus I changed from
what it was in the beginning to nogui.

Now I do not know how to cancel that change and get back to what it
was before (it needs to be a console app and dual platform).

There 13 different "widgets" offered and I do not remember what it was
in the beginning. So which do I choose for a dual platform
(Linux/Windows) application?

Never mind, I created a new project and had a look.
It seems like what I need to do in the dialog is to delete the
widgetset setting...

And after this was done I could build the app and run it without the
exceptions appearing.

OTOH it does not start the TCP server by the looks of it, but that is
another problem that belongs to the normal tracing of the
functionality.
I wonder if the TTimers are working or if I should change to TfpTimer
as suggested? I cannot tell right now.

TTimer does not work in nogui or console applications.

Michael.