On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:29:36 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus
<lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>I have installed AutoSave from the OnlinePackageManager on all of my numerous
>Lazarus installations and in general it works well.
>I started to do this following several Lazarus crashes where I lost modified
>code and had to try restoring from memory...
>
>However, when I write console (simple program) applications I have noted that
>AutoSave does not save the lpr file! And when looking closely the lpi file in
>GUI apps is also not saved.
>
>Since lpr is the only file in simple programs AutoSave does not help from
>disaster if a crash happens.
>Is there a way to configure or modify AutoSave so it also saves the main
>project
>files?

Reviving this thread in order to find a solution (did not get a single reply).
I am relying heavily on AutoSave when programming in Lazarus on a remote
RaspberryPi via VNC connection. In this situation it happens way too often that
Lazarus suddenly just unloads from memory and I see a blank desktop.
Thanks to AutoSave in most cases I have just to start Lazarus again to be back
in business, at worst with the last 5 seconds of typing lost.

But that does not hold true if I am working in the lpr file because that is not
saved automatically!!!

It just happened to me again and it causes problems trying to re-create the last
hour or so of work done on this file. :(

So I would REALLY be happy if someone who understands the workings of AutoSave
can make it include the project file among the files saved by AutoSave!

I have never ever looked at stuff that integrate within Lazarus itself so I
could not fix it....

For a console program maybe I should create a mainprogram.pas file and put
*everything* now located in the lpr file into that instead?
Just leave a bare minimum in the lpr file...
Pity to be forced to do that though.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden